What To Do If Your Smart Toilet Will Not Turn On
If your smart toilet is not powering on, the problem may be a result of one of the following. Check to ensure all of these points are operational:
- The power plug is not loose at the wall circuit and connection at toilet
- The power button is switching on or off by pressing the rotated power switch for 3 seconds.
- There is no electrical leakage at the circuit (the light of leakage protection plug is not on)
Remote Control Not Working
If your controller is not working, first make sure there is no water on the remote. If there is, wipe the water off with a dry towel. If controller still does not work, make sure all of the batteries are operational and replace them if necessary. A low battery is indicated by the blue light of the water temperature flickering.
What To Do If Your Smart Toilet Is Flushing Poorly
If your smart toilet is flushing, but poorly, the problem may be a result of one of the following. Check to ensure all of these points are operational:
- There are no kinks in the water supply hose.
- The water valve is turned on fully.
- The filter is not clogged or in need of cleaning.
What To Do If the Wash Function is Malfunctioning
If your smart toilet does not have water coming from the wash spout, check to ensure all of these points are operational:
- The water supply has water flowing through it
- The angle valve is in the open position
- The water filter is clear of debris or blockages
- The inlet pipe is straight
If your Smart Toilet has weak or irregular water stream coming from the wash spout, check to ensure all of the these points are operational:
- The cleaning water pressure switch is not set to low
- The inlet filter is clear of debris or blockages
If both points are operational, unplug the smart toilet for one minute and plug in again.
What To Do If Your Smart Toilet’s Water Or Seat Is Not Warming
If your smart toilet’s water or seat is not warming properly, check to see if the seat warming function is in the “off” position”. If the seat warming feature is turned on, try using the seat temp button on the remote to regulate the temperature.
What To Do If Your Smart Toilet’s Dryer Is Not Releasing Air Or Warming
If your smart toilet is not releasing air from its dryer—or if the air it is expelling is not warm—first confirm whether the dryer can be switched on or off. If the dryer can be switched on, try using the air temp button on the remote to regulate the temperature.
How To Sync Your Smart Toilet's Remote
Unplug the toilet and press the stop key for a few seconds until the level light on the remote is flickering. Plug in the toilet when the remote is close by. Once the level light stops flickering, and stays lit, the remote is synced.