If your shower system diverter is not diverting water to your hand shower or body sprays, you may have debris or mineral buildup in your diverter cartridge. A diverter cartridge is similar to a mixing cartridge and can be cleaned. Use the following steps to clean your diverter cartridge:
- Turn off the water supply to your shower
- Open the valve handles to release any water pressure.
- Turn handles back to the closed position.
- If your handles are attached with a set screw, use an Allen wrench to remove them. If they are held on with screws, use a screwdriver.
- Take off any decorative escutcheon exposing the cartridge.
- Using a wrench, unscrew the cartridge out of the valve body.
- Remove the cartridge and soak it in a 50/50 water and white vinegar solution for 30 minutes.
- Turn the stem of the cartridge while soaking in the solution multiple times to loosen any remaining debris.
- This is a good opportunity to flush water through the lines while the cartridge is out. We recommend opening the cold water side of the valve to avoid contact with hot water. Turn the valve just enough to let the water flow gently. Use a plastic tote or large bucket to catch the water or direct the water down.
- Turn the water supply back off.
- Reinstall the cartridge, making sure not to overtighten the cartridge in the valve body.
- Replace any escutcheon and the handle.
- Turn your water back on and test the faucet flow.
If the water will still not divert after cleaning, please reach out to our Customer Relations team via live chat at www.signaturehardware.com or by emailing email@example.com