If your shower system diverter is not diverting water to your hand shower or body sprayer, you may have debris or mineral buildup in your diverter cartridge. A diverter cartridge is similar to a mixing cartridge and can be cleaned. Use the following steps to clean your diverter cartridge:
- Turn off the water supply to your faucet
- Open the valve handles to release any water pressure.
- Turn handles back to the closed position.
- If your handles are attached with a set screw, use an Allen wrench to remove them. If they are held on with screws, use a screwdriver.
- Take off any decorative escutcheon exposing the cartridge.
- Using a wrench, unscrew the cartridge out of the valve body.
- Remove the cartridge and soak it in a 50/50 warm water and vinegar solution overnight.
- Turn the stem of the cartridge in the solution multiple times to loosen any remaining debris.
- Remove the aerator from the tip of your faucet and turn your water back on at half-pressure to flush the water lines and remove any debris or buildup in the faucet body.
- Turn the water supply back off.
- Reinstall the cartridge, making sure not to overtighten the cartridge in the valve body.
- Replace any escutcheon and the handle.
- Turn your water back on and test the faucet flow.
If the water will still not divert after cleaning, please reach out to our customer service team via live chat at www.signaturehardware.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org