If you are having trouble getting your door handle to work from the inside of your house, the most likely reason is that the spindle has slid backward and needs to be readjusted. The following steps will help you reset your door handle:
• First, take the interior door plate and handle off of the door.
• Next, loosen the set screw on the bottom of the handle.
• Once the set screw has been loosened, the drive pin can be moved in or out to work with different door thicknesses.
• Next, set the appropriate depth and retighten the set screw.
• Finally, reattach the door handle and test its function.